Twenty-eight
people, including 16 civilians, were freed after Afghan security forces
launched a special operation in restive southern province of Zabul overnight,
the country's Ministry of Interior Affairs said Thursday. The special operation
was launched in Naw Bahar district, Zabul province. A clash took place
following the raid and two armed militants were killed, the ministry said in a
statement. The freed
people received medical treatment after they were shifted to an army camp,
according to the statement.They will join their families soon, the statement
added.Taliban insurgents frequently detain civilians and off-duty soldiers from
across villages and highways and charge civilians for spying for government
security forces.The Taliban militant group has not made a comment on the report
so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
There was and is only one Rahul Dravid. There can be no other. I will miss Rahul in the dressing room and out in the middle. - Sachin T...
-
Abhinandhan Varthaman is now a real war hero.. He freed from the hands of Pakistan army on Friday. Return back to homeland India with...
-
The six-year media rights were awarded in two segments: two years (2012-14) and four years (2014-18). The BCCI had, actually, given...
-
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen> The concept of zero as a number and not merely a symbol or an empty space for separatio...

No comments:
Post a Comment